Tortilla Soup

A good friend of mine just had a baby and this was what I brought to feed the new little family:
I used this recipe for a really simple and very tasty tortilla soup. Packaged the soup in chalkboard-lidded mason jars that I'd made last summer along with avocado, cilantro and chips of course. I also brought along a green salad and ginger ale. 

While I was holding the new little bundle, her mamma and I got to talking about how awesome Meal Train is for helping out new parents. Not only does it insure you're getting meals when you need them (and not ending up with seven casseroles showing up all at once!) but it facilitates a great way for friends and family to schedule time meet the new addition to the family while dropping off the meal. I'll definitely be setting one up for Teresa this summer. 

No comments