Project Pinterest: Chalkboard Lids for Mason Jars

One of my big summer projects is organizing my pantry and here's one little step of the process.



One of my larger summer "goals" is reorganizing my pantry. Yon know, getting rid of food that moved to this house with us 2 years ago and these sorts of things. I recently found chalkboard painted mason jars on Pinterest and thought they would be perfect for my pantry reorganization.  I tend to buy things in the bulk section and my pantry was cluttered with plastic bags with varying amounts of nuts and grains.
When I got the jars and was about to start painting, I realized that painting the lid might be better. Basically I started wondering what would happen if ran a jar with chalkboard paint through the dishwasher and started imagining chalkboard paint all over all of my other dishes...
So painting lids it was! It was super easy, I did 2 coats of paint and let them dry for a few days before using them.
I know some of you are probably wondering why someone would need a label on a clear jar. One time, I put dried quinoa on a salad thinking it was sesame seeds and fed it to a bunch of people.
Also, this way you can label expiration dates or other important info.

No comments