Enjoying January


Why is it always so depressing to take down Christmas decorations?  It's like the fun part of winter is over and now we have to hunker down and survive the blah-ness that is January-March. So, for me, this is the perfect time to write a list, reminding myself of all the things I enjoy about winter...

1. SOUP! (some of my favorites: Carrot, Truffled Cauliflower, and Teresa's Easy Taco Soup)

2. Sweaters, slippers, tea, candles and all other things cosy and warm. 

3. Fires in the fireplace. Even though it's no longer Christmastime, this still makes things feel festive.

4. Not feeling guilty about wasting a day by curling up inside with a good book (I just started this one...). If it's rainy and grey, you might as well be inside! 

5. Award Season. Each year Teresa makes a goal to watch all of the Academy Awards Best Picture nominees. 

6. Great TV! The Sochi Olympics start in February and Downton Abbey is back on PBS and it's a great time to catch up on shows you might have missed. I have no idea how I missed the memo on Orphan Black (BBC America)  and Bletchley Circle (available on Netflix). I'm starting those now.

7. Healthy living. Whether it's on Pinterest, Facebook or even emails from my favorite yoga studio, inspiration to be healthier abounds in January. It's a great time to jump on the bandwagon and make positive changes. Lets face it, we have no real excuse to eat an entire box of chocolate in one sitting until Valentines Day. 



No comments