Stitch Fix: Online Personal Shopper?

My friend Michelle sent me this new website the other day that I'm tempted to join (especially once I shed the maternity wear). It's called Stitch Fix and it seems like a combination of Birchbox and a Nordstrom personal shopper.

Essentially, you fill out a "style profile" with all the details of your sizes, taste preferences, and region and every month they send you five items of clothing/accessories that they think you will love. There is a $20 "styling fee" but it can be put toward any of the items that you choose to keep. Whatever you don't like you just send back with free shipping. If you keep all five items you get 25% off.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is the price of the clothes, which are on average $75 a piece (although they say they try to stay in your price range.)

What do you think? Sounds pretty awesome for those of us who hate shopping. :)

2 comments

  1. Not sure if you've tried the Nordstrom Personal Shopping but it's pretty awesome. I've worked with a woman named Heather Spiro for the last 4 or 5 years and she's awesome, she even helped with my wedding. They don't charge anything for it, I can always tell her no if I don't like something, and she does a great job of pulling stuff so I don't have to wander around the store. Plus, she was able to help me get some pants hemmed in about 30 minutes one time when I was in a rush. I'd highly recommend it/her.

    ReplyDelete

  2. PSA is the voice of the PS (Personal Shopper) profession; speaking to those who influence the way we do business.
    The strength of the PS profession; creating environments to share best practice, learn from others and develop new skills for the benefit of you and your business.

    ReplyDelete