When Jason inevitably dies before me (he ate probably 30 mini Butterfingers yesterday, I think he's gonna go before I do) I'm going to model my life after Angela Lansbury's character in the TV show Murder, She Wrote. Lansbury plays Jessica Fletcher, a widow turned best selling author and sleuth, writing books and solving murders in whether in her quaint hometown in Maine or on movie sets, private islands, cruise ships and the like. For an older lady, she really gets around and my new ambition for later in life is to be her.
Here is why she's awesome:
1. She's brave. She walks into dark houses alone and confronts murderers. I'm not that brave, I might have to take Teresa along with me.
2. I'm pretty sure we have the same glasses.
3. She travels a ton, seeing lots of fun places and meeting interesting people. Inevitably a lot of these people end up dead, so that's kind of a downside...
4. She's always biking and jogging. Being in shape is a quality I admire in senior citizens and especially important if your being chased by a suspect.
5. She has great classic style: trench coats, scarves and pearls. I think I'd actually wear about 50% of her wardrobe if I found it in a thrift shop today. Face it, like Buddy Holly and your dad, she's an original hipster.
6. Her life is very glamourous. People always invite her classy parties with lots of champagne. When things get to boring someone punches someone or a body is found in a closet.
7. When you get older, it's important keep using your brain. Jessica is sharp as a tack and has great intuition. What's more, she chooses to use her skills for good, to help those wrongfully accused of stabbing their secret lovers, crooked football coaches and estranged mothers.
8. She's got gumption. I've always wanted someone to say that about me.
All 11 seasons of Murder She Wrote can be found on Netflix...I may have stumbled upon it and become a little obsessed.