To Chop or Not to Chop?


Am I the only one who spends hours contemplating how much I should chop at my next haircut appointment? In general, I like to think of myself as a "low maintenance" type of girl (ie I only wash my hair every other day, I wear minimal makeup, and sport yoga clothes around town occasionally) but when it comes to my hair, I cringe to admit, I'm a basket case. 

I'm every hair stylists nightmare in that I have no ability to describe what kind of haircut I want and have wavy hair on the bottom, straight on the top, thick hair but fine strands, and a big cowlick on the left front of my forehead. I also want a haircut that I have to do absolutely no styling and it looks great. :) Yep, pretty much a nightmare.

My hair currently looks like a bedraggled version of these two styles: 

It's feeling way too long and I've been tossing around the idea of cutting 5-6 inches. Something along the lines of Jennifer and Emma above or Marin below.


Michelle's hair is gorgeous and fun as well but I'm too much of a wuss to try it out...Jenny, how about you?

 I'm headed in to get my haircut at the fabulous Caruh on Sunday, any advice (or sympathy?) appreciated.

PS. Most requested celeb hairstyles by city, Seattle chose Zooey Deschanel!


(Jennifer, Emma, Rosie, Anna, MalinMichelle)

2 comments

  1. I chopped my hair at the beginning of the summer and now I'm wishing it was long again, isn't it always that want the hairstyle we don't have, I really should learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true!! I ended up getting about 5 inches trimmed off but my normal hairdo more or less. My hair stylist told me my hair is too thick and wavy to be an easy short style so I'm sticking with long and easy for now. But I am still tempted to make the chop!

      Delete