Resolutions Revisited

I thought it would be interesting to look back at my goals for 2014 and see how I'm doing 1/4 of the way through the year. The short answer, not so well. Oops! But, a good reminder to keep trying now rather than looking back in December and feeling like a failure. 

Thankfully, as I was looking down my list thinking, Floss- nope, drink more water-kind of, journal-that lasted two weeks, etc. finally I got to the last one LOVE and I feel like I'm doing ok on that one. Before we left for tour, I decided to give up complaining. While I know I'm not perfect, and I've probably done a little complaining about bumpy flights, early mornings, etc. over all, I feel like I'm loving the people around me well, being patient, kind, forgiving, helpful- or at least I'm trying my best. 

While migrating from hotel to hotel for a month doesn't easily facilitate day to day routines, it is perfect for spending time with the people you're traveling with and that's been my favorite part of this tour. Having conversations on planes, sitting in green rooms before shows start, killing time waiting to board the next flight. While my life feels a little chaotic, I also feel like I'm building relationships. 

When I'm home, that's when I'll get back to organizing my clothes and journaling, for now, I'll focus on people. 

And now, I'm off to floss my teeth!  

No comments