Jenny's Favorites: January Edition

1. These arm warmers from Noonday are getting a lot of use. They are basically gloves that don't impede iPhone use. Added bonus, they are made by artisans in Peru who are being paid a fair wage for their products.

2. All month,  I've been working with my Happy Light on next to me to combat these grey Seattle days. It definitely helps.

3. I've been taking lots of Vitamin D, too! Although I must say, getting a little bit of the real thing in LA was wonderful.

4. Evolution Fresh juices and smoothies have been a quick way for me to get some fruits and veggies in my diet. Trying to be a little healthy around here.

5. This month I read:
The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery, I can't believe I hadn't read it sooner. Chances are, you'll love it if you're an Anne of Green Gables fan.
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp, which I didn't love. After hearing such great things about the movie, I thought I'd read the book first. It seemed like it would be right up my alley, as I usually go for young love/coming of age stories. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is one of those stories where the movie is better than the book. I kept waiting for the story to pull me in and it just never happened.
Labor Day by Joyce Maynard was another book I was inspired to read based off of the movie which is out now and stars Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin. I'd recommend this one, and definitely want to see the movie.

6. I usually stick to more natural skincare and makeup, but for the Grammys, I went with Dior Airflash Spray Foundation and I might be hooked. 

7. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain was another new product for Grammy night that I'm going to keep using. This stuff stays in place and glossy all night long. I loved it.

8. I bought this Avoca Mohair blanket while visiting Teresa when she lived in Ireland. Its perfect to curl up under while reading.

9. This very basic BCBG Clutch was a last minute purchase for my Grammy outfit that I was really thankful for then and now, as I've already gotten to use it again.

10. These Karama earrings, made out of shrapnel by HIV+ women in Ethiopia are one of my jewelry staples.




No comments