Wedding Trends

When I was little, I dreamed that I'd look just like Becky from Full House on my wedding day. I loved her puffy-sleved off the shoulder dress in all it's sequin glory. Now, it's hard not to laugh looking at the veil/thing taking over Lori Laughlin's head.

At first glance, Jon Stamos as Uncle Jesse looks like he'd be in style today with his classic tux, but look closer, the material is actually some sort of satin paisley. I'm not gonna lie, I feel like that could make a comeback.  

What current weddings styles will we be laughing at someday?

After so many weddings, you'd think I'd have a good guess, but I can't come up with anything for sure. I'm curious to hear what you all think! Leave a comment.

PS. The song Jesse sings to Becky at the wedding, "Forever" was stuck in my head all last week. It came out of nowhere, I was standing in a coffee shop and suddenly singing it to myself. And wow, incase you'd like to relive a moment of your childhood and have it stuck in your head for days...


Image above via this Glamour article from Feb, in honor of what would have been Jesse and Becky's 22nd wedding anniversary! 

4 comments

  1. 22 years, seriously! Wow, that makes me feel old. Love that glamour article with the where-they-are-now updates. What a great TV couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin recently posted a picture of her wedding in honor of her 20 year wedding anniversary. It's so funny because I remember thinking she had the most beautiful wedding dress ever and that I was going to have one exactly like it and now we are all laughing at how dated it looks! I wonder what I'll think of my wedding dress 20 years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to play "Forever" at our wedding because Brendan really likes The Beach Boys but he wouldn't let me because it was on Full House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to play "Forever" at our wedding because Brendan really likes The Beach Boys but he wouldn't let me because it was on Full House.

    ReplyDelete