Wedding Readings



Here are some of my favorite somewhat familiar, but less common readings for weddings. Great to have read and/or print in your program or invitation. 


Excerpt from Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. The great acts of love are done by those who are habitually performing small acts of kindness. We pardon to the extent that we love. Love is knowing that even when you are alone, you will never be lonely again. And great happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. Loved for ourselves. And even loved in spite of ourselves. 

Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
May God be with you and bless you;

May you see your children's children.

May you be poor in misfortune,

Rich in blessings,

May you know nothing but happiness

From this day forward.
May the road rise to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home

And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,

May blue be the skies above you,

May pure be the joys that surround you,

May true be the hearts that love you.

"Lovesong", The Cure
Whenever I’m alone with you

You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I’m alone with you

You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I’m alone with you

You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I’m alone with you

You make me feel like I am fun again
How ever far away, I will always love you

How ever long I stay, I will always love you

Whatever words I say, I will always love you

I will always love you

Song of Solomon 4:3
I have found the one whom my soul loves.  

Robert Frost
Two such as you with such a master speed cannot be parted nor be swept away from one another once you are agreed that life is only life forever more together wing to wing and oar to oar.



Did you have a reading at your wedding? Will you? I'd love to hear what you chose! 

No comments