Happy Valentine's Day!


How do you celebrate(or do you?) Valentine's Day? Patrick and I usually go out to dinner and exchange cheesy love cards. Tonight we'll walk over to The Whale Wins and hope we are early enough to get a table without a reservation...wish us luck! At dinner, we have a little tradition of trying to remember all the places we have celebrated Valentine's Day's past in chronological order -- it's getting more difficult as this is our 7th as a couple! It's a great way to reminisce about falling in love and all the up's and down's along the way.

But here's my V-day confession: I secretly miss the days of celebrating Valentine's Day with my girlfriends! When I was in college and during the years I lived in DC I used to love hanging out with the ladies, eating tons of chocolate, drinking frilly cocktails, and watching Rom-Coms. Have you heard of the term "GALentine's Day?" -- I guess it came from the show Parks and Recreation and is all about celebrating the girlfriends in your life on Feb 13th. I love this idea!! Next year maybe I'll throw a little GALentine's Day party, who's with me?

Enjoy your day! Lots of love, Teresa

PS. How to throw a GALentine's Day Brunch -- hilarious tips from Parks and Rec.

No comments