Cozy Reads for a Snow Day


As I'm on the east coast in a winter wonderland, I thought a post about books to curl up with would be applicable. I hope you're staying warm wherever you are. Here are a variety of things for you to curl up with under a quilt with a cup of tea.

The Interestings- If you liked A Visit from the Goon Squad, you'll like this one by Meg Wolitzer. It follows a group of friends who meet at summer camp from high school through adulthood.

Why Not Me?- Mindy Kaling's newest book. If you liked the last one, you'll like this one too!

The Thorn Birds- If you'r in need of a epic romance, this one, set in the Australian Outback, falls somewhere between Anne of Green Gables and Outlander (incidentally, two other books I'd recommend if you haven't read them yet)

Room- You might know of the movie, for which Brie Larson is nominated for a best actress for her portraial of mother and son held captive for years in a single room. But before it was a movie, it was a book and a really gripping one at that.

What Alice Forgot- If you want to escape winter, tryout this book that takes place in sunny Sydney.

Anna Karenina- If you're REALLY looking for a bleak wintery classic, might I suggest this one. If you can get into Tolstoy's writing, this reads like a soap opera about the upper classes of Russia.

Marilyn reading image found here. 

2 comments

  1. I enjoyed The Interestings, I'm currently reading Fates and Furies which is similar in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! Good to know! I'm in need of something else!

      Delete