A Disclaimer of Sorts...


Get ready, here's the saga of the honey mints...

On Friday, a couple friends stopped by and immediately saw the dish of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Honey Mints on my coffee table. They had both seen them in my March Favorites on the blog and were excited to give them a try.

Brittany grabbed one right off, took a bite and made a face like a child being force fed broccoli. She couldn't even finish one! After Brittany's reaction and subsequent explanation of how strong the taste was, Danielle smelled the other half of Brittany's but wouldn't even put it in her mouth. What's more, they both insisted I write some sort of warning or retraction on the blog, as they didn't want people to start thinking I had horrible taste in things and stop listening to my recommendations.

As much as I was sad they had SUCH a strong negative reaction to candy that I really do enjoy,  it was actually a huge complement that they were so adamant that people read the blog and take my suggestions seriously. So if you're out there, reading the blog and trying things we post on here, thank you. You're much appreciated and I hope you won't be egging my house later over horrible honey mints that I forced you to try.

Later that night, we were celebrating Brittany's birthday in a honey mint free zone. Jason (who's also tried and hates the honey mints) and a few other friends were there as well. Everyone thought a honey mint warning on the blog was necessary. I find the whole thing hilarious and I still maintain the honey mints are good! I've eaten three in the course of writing this post.

Nevertheless, here it is, the warning they insisted I issue:

WATCH OUT! SOME PEOPLE REALLY HATE THOSE DARK CHOCOLATE HONEY MINTS THAT I LOVE. YOU MIGHT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. TAKE HEED!

So now you've been warned.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I'm curious to know, has anyone else out there tried them? Since Trader Joe's continues to carry them, I have to assume I'm not the only person out there who likes them.

Anyone? 

No comments