The Most Delicious Rum Cake

What is Christmas without rum cake?! My sister made the delicious cake above (yes, she did just have a baby 10 days ago, she's making me look bad!) over the weekend. Here is the best recipe from my uncle's friend Mary Kay, soooo delish.

Bob and Mary Kay’s Rum Cake

½ cup Pecans (chopped)

1 package Butter Golden Cake (Duncan Hines)
1 package (3- ¾ oz.) Vanilla Pudding (Instant Mix)
½ cup Dark Rum
½ cup Water
½ cup Crisco Oil
4 Eggs

Preheat Oven to 325°


Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan. Crumble pecans in bottom of pan. Place cake and pudding mixes in a mixing bowl. Add rum, water, oil and eggs. Mix for 2 minutes only with an electric mixer. Place mixture in the Bundt pan and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes. Pour on Hot Rum Glaze (recipe below) and let cool for 30 minutes (still in Bundt pan).


Let cool for 30 minutes. Turn onto plate.


Hot Rum Glaze
1 cup Sugar

1 stick of Butter
¾ cup of Rum
¼ cup Water

Put all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.

2 comments

  1. Wow. Sounds super easy. I wonder what I would have to use if I wanted to make it from scratch instead of using the box cake stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never had rum cake before! Might be time to change that :)

    ReplyDelete