WIGS


I've gotten sucked into the WIGS channel on YouTube. I'm not even sure how I found it, but I'm glad I did. They have great short series and short films with a much higher production value than I expected to find on YouTube. The entire channel is original content and features dramas with female leads. Among others, there's Jennifer Garner in this short, and Maggie Grace and Anna Paquin in this series.  

My favorite thus far is Blue, starring Julia Stiles, an actress I've loved ever since she nailed late 90's teen angst in 10 Things I Hate About You. Anyway, Blue is the story of a young mom who juggles single parenting and a full time job while moonlighting as a-ahem-call girl (lady of the night, prostitute...what's the nicest way to put this?) anyway, there's a bit of a hooker with a heart of gold/Pretty Woman vibe going on here while delving into the character, giving you a peek at how she got into prostitution and how it impacts the rest of her life. Check it out.

No comments