Thai Iced Tea




Summer is on the horizon and I am already drinking gallons of iced tea. But, the funny thing is, I don't really know how to make it. It's always something I buy in a bottle or at a coffee shop. So, I've been thinking, how hard can it be, really?


We have a Thai restaurant that delivers, just around the corner from our house. When we're in town, Pad Thai and Thai Iced Tea is a pretty common meal for us. One of my favorite foods brought right to the door in minutes- it's the best. 





When I found this Paleo Thai Iced Tea recipe on Pinterest, I wanted to give it a try. Instead of sweetened condensed milk, it uses coconut milk and honey. The coconut milk definitely gives it a different flavor, but overall I loved it! Also, you could swap out the honey for agave if you're looking to make it vegan. 



Paleo Thai Iced Tea
adapted from Against All Grain

2 cardamom pods
5 cups water
8 Assam black tea bags (I subbed this for a Tanzanian black tea I had on hand)1/4 cup honey (I added more to taste)
2 cups coconut milk
1 whole star anise

Bring water to a boil. Stir in the honey, then add the tea bags, star anise and cardamom. Cover and steep for 30 minutes.

Chill the tea in the fridge.
Fill a glass with ice, then fill the glass 3/4 of the way full with the chilled tea.
Top each glass with 2-4 tablespoons of coconut milk (And as you probably noticed in my photo, I used a bit more!)

No comments