Read Any Good Books Lately?


So you may have wondered exactly what I meant when I posted that one of my goals for 2013 is to read a really amazing book. You're probably thinking, how will she know if it's an amazing book or not if she hasn't read it? And that's exactly the point. I want to inspire myself read more with the goal being to stumble upon a new favorite, something I'll want to tell everyone I know that they MUST read it.

I used to be such an avid reader, and more recently I've found myself reading blogs and twitter feeds more and actual books less and less so the point of this goal is to make me fall in love with books again.

Thankfully it seems I'm not the only one on a mission for a good read for the new year. Here are a few booklists I've stumbled upon:

An Amazon editor's picks for 2013

2013 anticipated releases

Authors suggesting books by other authors (This one from the list caught my eye. Particularly the part about how it makes fun of Seattle!)

Finally, the ultimate "must read" list.

Have you read anything good lately?


(image of Audrey Hepburn)




3 comments

  1. Poisonwood Bible. It's heart-wrenching, poignant, couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately no, but I need some recommendations myself! Please post what you hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment I'm reading Marc Levy's Mes amis, mes amours.... and lovig every page of it =)))

    ReplyDelete