Downton SPOILED


Relax, you'll find no spoilers here. This is just a cautionary tale about getting any news from British sources if you're hoping to enjoy series three of Downton Abbey as it airs in the U.S.

This year, I was good. I didn't illegally stream Downton Abbey as it was airing in the U.K. I chose to patiently wait and watch it on PBS with the rest of America. But yesterday, I happened to be reading a completely unrelated article in The Telegraph and there was a headline GIVING AWAY THE ENDING OF THE SEASON in the sidebar! I was pissed! Naturally at that point, I couldn't not read the article. Bad choice. I'm pretty sure this article managed to name every big thing that happened in series three. 

Are you watching Downton Abbey now? What did you think of the first episode? Or were you lucky enough to already have watched it? I wish I had... 

9 comments

  1. I just watched the first two seasons over Christmas and New Years so I haven't been tempted to find out what happens in the third season. I have it recorded and ready to watch. Although I have seen photos of Lady Mary on her wedding day, I'm still so so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently got hooked on Downton Abbey so I was curious of how many Lady Mary fan's there are. I feel like they want us to cheer her on but I can't seem to like her. Thoughts?

    x's & o's
    Anacristina
    laughsandicecream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally go back and forth on liking her. Sybil has always been my favorite sister though.

      Delete
    2. Lady Mary is by far my favorite. :)

      Delete
    3. I like her a lot, but I've already watched all of season 3..... I was undecided until I watched season 3 :)

      Delete
  3. I stayed up to watch last night and loved it! It was the eve of my first day back to school, but I couldn't miss it. For Season 2 I watched the next day and didn't enjoy watching as much as last night. Am excited for Seahawk Sunday and D.A. Sunday, too. I love Mary, except for the selfish twist added last night.




    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I think I would have been Lady Cybil or if I was a worker in the house I'd definitely be Ana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started watching Season 1 of Downton Abbey, I think in part due to so many friends posting about it! It's so true, how strong the power of Facebook really is! In any case, I have a long ways to go but I'm definitely already seeing how people get hooked!

    ReplyDelete