Sporty vs. Athletic


I have a confession. I've always wanted to be that athletic girl who wins sports trophies and can run a marathon (or just a 5k for that matter). I have never been gifted in this area and pretty much quit all organized sports in 7th grade when, at 5'4" and 70 lbs, I came in last place at my cross country meet (Sorry friends, I know you're sick of hearing about that one!). But as I get older and wiser, I have come to realize something that I wish I learned long ago....you don't have to be athletic to be "sporty!" There are plenty of individual activities that I can participate in to get my heart pumping, gain strength and limber up: Yoga! Zumba! Wogging (jog.walking)! Biking! Indian Dancing! Yes I look ridiculous doing most of these, that's not the point.








This weekend I tried out cross-country skiing for the first time since I was nine years old...and I loved it! Admittedly, I have a huge bruise on my knee from awkwardly loosing my balance and falling on the ice, but I had a blast taking in the beautiful, snow-covered hills of Northern Idaho. We spent a great weekend building fires on the beach, sipping hot cocoa and playing cribbage by the fire.




PS. Isn't half the fun of being "sporty" dressing up in the costumes? Cute stuff for winter activities here:



Snowden funnelneck sweater-jacket


No comments